The Transparent World Rating Organization
In the News
- Sep 14th, 2019: Not The Nobel Prize - What was the nature of Bill Harringtons innovation and how did he contribute to humankind? He uses free speech that is highly informed, precisely targeted, and 100% on-the-record to reclaim public resources that the financial industry misallocates via "corporate free speech." (read more...). Vote for our Board Member here!
- Jun 26th, 2019: Board Member Norbert Gaillard examines as a co-author in his latest book the long-term, previously underappreciated breakdowns in financial regulation that fed into the 2008 global financial crash (see Blog article "How and Why Moral Hazard Has Distorted Financial Regulation").
- Mar 4th, 2019: Board Member Bill Harrington urges the CFTC to preserve the rigorous policy with respect to the securitization sector (read more...).
- Jan 30th, 2019: From Board Member Ann Rutledge: Did Academic Finance Play a Role in the Global Financial Crisis?.
- Jan 15th, 2019: Norbert Gaillard, Wikirating Experts Board Member, explains in his article "The Icarus Syndrome: How Credit Rating Agencies Lost Their Quasi Immunity" the evolution of the status and the liability regime of rating agencies and further argues that they lost their regulatory and judicial “quasi-immunity” over the last decade.
- Jan 2nd, 2019: There are at least 112 Credit Rating Agencies and Organizations in the world according to Wikirating - check the new updated list.
- Dec 27th, 2018: Wikirating updates 168 sovereign credit ratings - more than any other rating agency in the world.
- Dec 5th, 2018: From Board Member Bill Harrington: Helping the US SEC Answer Senator Elizabeth Warren's Inquiries into Leveraged Lending, CLOs, and NRSRO Ratings.
- May 22nd, 2018: Wikirating Board Member Bill Harrington Files SEC Report on S&P Return to Crisis-Era Rating Practices for CLOs and Other ABS.
- Mar. 28th, 2018: "CFTC Market Risk Advisory Committee (MRAC) Nomination and Topic Submissions" from Wikirating Experts Board Member William Harrington - see his letter.
- Feb. 3rd, 2018: "ABS Derivatives Too Complex for US Regulators" - read the perceptive letter "31 Misrepresentations in CFTC Letter No. 17-52" to Mr. Christopher Kirkpatrick, Secretary of the Commission, Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) - by Wikirating Experts Board Member William Harrington
- Jan. 27th, 2018: With funding from the Center for Corporate and Securities Law at the University of San Diego School of Law, Wikirating experts board member Marc Joffe has implemented a routine that downloads histories from the major rating agencies, converts them to CSV format and places them in a single location.
Ratings & Research - Main Focus
Ratings & Research - Under Development
As seen on