The Transparent World Rating Organization
In the News
- Jan 28th, 2020: Bill Harrington former Moody’s SVP and Wikirating Experts Board Member, urges everyone to hound credit rating agencies to embed each credit rating with an ESG upgrade, downgrade or wash. Read his op-ed "Investors who want to fast-track sustainable fixed-income investments should inundate credit rating agencies with methodology critiques" on Responsible Investor.
- Jan 1st, 2020: Wikirating has evaluated with the SWI (Sovereign Wikirating Index) the credit ratings of 181 sovereign countries – more than any common credit rating agency, read our blog article for the detailed results.
- Dec 23rd, 2019: Wikirating has updated the list of all Credit Rating Agencies and Organizations in the world - check the new updated list.
- Sep 14th, 2019: Not The Nobel Prize - What was the nature of Bill Harringtons innovation and how did he contribute to humankind? He uses free speech that is highly informed, precisely targeted, and 100% on-the-record to reclaim public resources that the financial industry misallocates via "corporate free speech." (read more...).
- Jun 26th, 2019: Board Member Norbert Gaillard examines as a co-author in his latest book the long-term, previously underappreciated breakdowns in financial regulation that fed into the 2008 global financial crash (see Blog article "How and Why Moral Hazard Has Distorted Financial Regulation").
- Mar 4th, 2019: Board Member Bill Harrington urges the CFTC to preserve the rigorous policy with respect to the securitization sector (read more...).
- Jan 30th, 2019: From Board Member Ann Rutledge: Did Academic Finance Play a Role in the Global Financial Crisis?.
- Jan 15th, 2019: Norbert Gaillard, Wikirating Experts Board Member, explains in his article "The Icarus Syndrome: How Credit Rating Agencies Lost Their Quasi Immunity" the evolution of the status and the liability regime of rating agencies and further argues that they lost their regulatory and judicial “quasi-immunity” over the last decade.
Ratings & Research - Main Focus
Ratings & Research - Under Development
As seen on