In its function, Wikirating contains articles on a vast array of topics. A relatively small fraction of these topics are frequently censored by educational, governmental, corporate, parental, and other filtering schemes.
- Some Wikirating articles discuss words or language that are considered profane, vulgar, or offensive by some readers.
- Articles may contain audio, visual, or written representations of people or events which may be protected by some cultures.
- Wikirating contains many different images, some of which are considered objectionable or offensive by some readers. For example, some articles can contain graphical depictions of violence, or depictions of human anatomy.
- Many articles can contain frank discussion of controversial topics. Some subjects that are discussed have criminal applications in some jurisdictions. Others contain information on dangerous or otherwise risky activities (see Wikirating:General disclaimer and Wikirating:Risk disclaimer).
- Wikirating may contain triggers for people with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wikirating may contain images and videos which can trigger epileptic seizures and other medical conditions.
- Since Wikirating is open to contributions from the public, there may at any time be graffiti present on Wikirating.
- There may be legal or other information that is normally also the subject of professional opinions; Wikirating is not a substitute for seeking the help of a professional. Please note: Wikirating does not give legal advice.
Wikirating's current policy is to include such content, provided it breaches neither any of our existing policies (especially Neutral point of view) nor the laws of Switzerland, where Wikirating is hosted.
In any case, Wikirating is a work in progress, and many articles contain errors, bias, duplication, or simply need tender loving care. We encourage readers to help us fix these problems. The great majority of articles are written primarily or solely by individuals who are not subject matter experts, and may lack academic or professional credentials in the area.
Wikirating's coverage is based on the interests of its volunteer contributors. Readers should not judge the importance of topics based on their coverage in Wikirating, nor assume that a topic is important merely because it is the subject of a Wikirating article.
Wikipedia, see category below.